Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Guestbook

Before I leave all of you for the forseeable future (though I am working on some blog ideas), I wanted to create a space for you, my readers, to write comments, questions, and maybe a little bit about yourselves. I know some of you, but I've noticed some really interesting countries on my Stats page, and I would be glad to know a little bit about those readers from:

Thailand
Belgium
Malaysia
Croatia
Germany
Greece
Lebanon
Algeria
Phillipines
Pakistan
Indonesia
Iraq
United Arab Emirates
Brunei
Russia
Tanzania
France
United Kingdom
India
Sweden
Thailand
Australia
Bangladesh
Japan
Brazil
South Africa

This isn't even the complete list. 
 I'm just wondering what brought you to my blog? What did you find interesting? Feel free to share any thoughts . . . :D. 
I'm also interesting in hearing from friends and family, so everyone, please sign my blog and make your mark. I'm making a bound book out of it, so your comments will be a keepsake. 
Thanks for being so supportive, and stay tuned for my last post in Egypt on Friday, December 17th. 


7 comments:

  1. Do I have to beg? Pretty please write a comment . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Denise Laurin and I live in the New York City area. I found your blog extremely compelling. You show a lot of chutzpah for such a young adventurer! I must say, you have impressed me as a very courageous young woman. Even though there is no love loss between you and Egypt, I have the feeling the misadventures you endured while living there, and the excitement of your travels throughout Egypt and The Middle East have already formed the NEW Ari and will be part of her from this point forward. Now from the perspective of your last day in Egypt, what do you think was the true meaning of this study abroad?

    I found out about your blog from our mutual friend, T. R. Belle. She was right! You are a wonderful and engaging writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Mom, I think that you should stay tuned until my next blogpost to find out what I think about this study abroad program, and what it's meant to me. :)
    T.R. Belle was so kind to recommend this blog to you, and considering her busy schedule of sun naps, hair brushings, and sleeping, I'm surprised she would even find time to read it. So kudos to you and Ms. Belle, for reading and enjoying my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. since you seem to be the only ones . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought if other readers saw a comment by another reader, they would comment, too. But you blew my cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked reading your blog because I liked learning about Egypt and hearing things from your perspective. Also, it helped me be closer to you by hearing your thoughts all the time and being able to respond. At LU we'd be busy, scurrying around writing papers, going to plays or parties. And you helped me kind of stay in touch with the LU Bubble, since I have graduated and feel homesick pangs for that entire university and group of people. I've gained a new world here in grad school, but I miss my old world.

    By dealing with the hassles of everyday life in Egypt, you also helped me deal with my own fears of the big, scary "real world" and how I take refuge from it in more and more useless academia, which will theoretically better prepare me for the real world but in fact, hasn't (I still know next to nothing about cooking and cleaning, having been the pampered youngest child, lol).

    Real enough for ya? love
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  7. And hey! I read ALL your blogs, and commented lots of them, and I am neither your momma nor T.R. Belle. LOL.

    ReplyDelete