Monday, December 13, 2010

The Icing on the Cake

I know I complain a lot, but this is getting ridiculous. It's as if Egypt, instead of gently saying goodbye to me with a heartfelt invitation to return, is kicking my ass to the curb before slamming the door in my face.
I want to like you, Egypt. Why do you do these things to me?
Yesterday, Egypt gave me my first sandstorm, which I never want to experience again. Imagine the whole world with a brown tint, no sun, and typhoon winds. You can taste the sand in your teeth, inhale it with your nostrils, and feel it burn your eyes. Did I mention that it was also 50 degrees (F) outside? Before all of you Wisconsinites laugh at me, hear me out. I have no winter coat here, no heat in my apartment whatsoever, and it gets colder at night (dipping to 8 degrees C). I'm not sure if I will go into shock when I step out of the airport in New York, but at least my mom's apartment has heat.
Finals are also approaching, which are always fun (not). Too much homework + freezing cold bedroom+ muezzins from 5-6 am= one tired, cranky, semi-depressed, beauty-sleep deprived Ari.
4 and a half days . . .

3 comments:

  1. You are in rare form, my girl! 4 Days to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Sandstorms must suck. I haven't even thought about Egypt having them! LOL at "I want to like you, Egypt..why do you do these things to me?" Sounds like you're in an abusive relationship with Egypt.. big hugs. ONLY 4.5 more days. Then you will be back in the USA with Egypt a (fond?) memory.
    xx
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. uhhhh..about the heat in your Mom's apartment...

    ReplyDelete